Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Event

It starts several days before...sometimes the discussions starts a month or two in advance.

"What are we doing for thanksgiving this year Mom?"

"What's for dinner?"

"Who's coming?"

and most importantly...

"What time are we going to eat?"

As for me, all I care about is getting everything done and work on getting a clean up crew. Let me tell you about this year. I have 4 days off this week! One day for Christmas shopping, the 2nd for cleaning, 3rd-cooking, and the 4th for visiting. I shopped with Shelly, Jimmy, Meagan, & Morgan for groceries. I Christmas & birthday shopped with Shelly, Jimmy, my husband, & Morgan. Cleaned the house today with the "I can always count on" Mari...& "never to be counted on" Meagan. Meg actually cleaned her room, vaccumed the hall. (that is only 3 1/2 feet wide & MAYBE 20 feet long) I am VERY proud of her for doing that! lol Now here I am tonight waiting for Jared & Nicole + gang, Jimmy & Shelly + gang, & Jeffrey & Kristy, so that we can start cooking & undoing everything Mari, Meagan, & I worked all day on. This is one of my favorite nights in the whole year. All my kids here, playing games, cooking, laughing, & just having some fun. Hope your Thanksgiving is as fun filled as mine.

2 comments:

Jason and Mari Rowell said...

Thanksgiving was sooo much fun this year, even though I wasn't able to visit with my side of the family :-(

All the pre-cleaning and cooking was worth it!!

It’s nice that all the kids are getting older now and are able to clean up after themselves :-) … They sure did a lot of cleaning in the last few days!

Love ya,
Your kids!

Meagan Rowell said...

you bet we did alot of cleaning!!!! lol